New for 2014, the 2000 Velocity 6 Leg Pad replaces the 7800 Velocity 5 model from 2012. In the 2000, Vaughn has once again improved upon a tried and true design that has been the benchmark of hybrid style pad design for over a decade. Though these improvements may seem subtle at first, the user will immediately notice a dynamic improvement in performance when switching to the 2000's.
The biggest enhancement for 2014 is the new internal "Pro Core" design. In addition to a full length and width foam core sheet that helps the pad maintain it's shape over time, the pad also features a new Carbon Fiber recoil plate that runs from the lower knee break to the top of the pad. This recoil plate is flexible enough to allow the pad to bend easily at the flex points, but rigid enough to spring the pad back into shape after it has been flexed. The shin and boot still feature Vaughn's Pro Pac technology - a tried and true design that allows the pad to move with the goalie's legs in any direction. The thigh rise design has been "over squared" for 2014 to insure that it fills the upper section of the pad to that 11" max width and also reduces the five-hole openings when in the butterfly position.
On the inside edge, the pad seams have been modified so that no binding is exposed. This makes the HD foam based sliding surface even smoother than before for faster controlled slides across the net. The landing gear at the knee and the knee risers are combined into one solid block and incorporated to the inside edge for better pad response and a more ergonomic knee position in the butterfly.
The knee cradle and leg channel feature Vaughn's proprietary MSH3 material for both comfort and quicker pad rotation. The knee lock is wide in the 2000, and the integrated knee/thigh protector has been moved higher up the thigh rise to provide better knee protection and more room in the knee area. The outside knee cradle pad takes its cues from the 7900/7990 pad by featuring a hinged design and a lowered, dual elastic strap position that runs under the bend in your knee rather than directly behind it. For 2014, the calf-wraps have been extended somewhat to provide better wrap around protection to the leg.
Finally, new graphics have been introduced to make them more consistant with the graphics in the other lines. This way, goalies can now mix and match their favorite pieces of Vaughn gear and still maintain a consistant look. Plus 2 sizing in now standard.
- Single break outer roll - Total Goalie Spec
- Flat-faced knee rolls - Total Goalie Spec
- Carey Price spec leg channel straps - Total Goalie Spec
- Pro logos - Total Goalie Spec
- Full Pro Spec construction and fully domestically manufactured to exact pro specifications for superior performance and durability
- Dual knee straps with side buckle adjustment
- Adjustable top thigh strap and buckle
- Wide knee cradle
- Leg cradle with tension adjustment
- Firm inner pad edge for improved five hole coverage and seal to the ice
- Wide inner edge and landing pad for superior balance
- New V6 graphics give a visual taller pad appearance
- Firm perimeter edges for stronger blocking surface
- Over squared top thigh rise
- Plus 2" thigh rise sizing
- Molded lace in adjustable knee guard
- Pro Pac internal core for excellent rebound control
- Carbon fiber recoil plate for enhanced performance