Vaughn Velocity 7 XR Pro Carbon Sr. Goalie Leg Pads
*Please note this product is available for Pre-sale and will ship in 2-3 weeks, following its arrival. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions*
- New V7 graphic with split front face for more color options
- Solid inside knee drive block
- Flatter style inner instep
- Firm boot flex for higher stance
- Solid top outside roll
- Thin front face cushion foam
- Elastic adjustable leg cradle strap
- HD foam insert over outer ankle
- Quick replaceable leg straps
- 11" pro width
- Lightweight design and construction
- Single break outside roll
- Full pro core internal padding
- Extended length inside knee cradle
- Carbon fiber front reinforcement
- Wide knee and leg cradle
- Large coverage calf padding
- Thin profile outer side panel
- Higher scoop angle
- New higher skate strap position
- Thigh guard with knee cap
- Pre-shape side profile for superior fit
- Internal foam pro core padding provides for durability and consistent rebound performance
- Over-squared inner thigh rise for improved five-hole coverage
The Key factor is the overall length. The length can be divided into three sections:
B.Instep to knee
C.Knee to top or thigh rise
The proper length of the goal pad boot is determined by the goalie's skate size. The next key area is the instep to knee that determines the shin length. Finally, the knee to top or thigh rise is a personal measurement depending on how much pant and pad overlap the goaltender prefers. A general rule is 7" to 8".
A.Skates size: provide the skate size for proper boot fit.
B.Instep to knee: measure from instep to the front center of kneecap while leg is in slightly bent position.
C. Thigh rise: measure from front center of kneecap up the thigh to desire height.
A + B + C = Estimated size of pad
If fitted properly, the goalie's knee should rest directly behind the center knee roll with the pad securely attached to the goal skate and properly strapped on the goaltender's leg. Generally, this will ensure that the pad breaks (bends) at the knee/shin and ankle as designed for optimal performance.