The Vaughn Velocity 7 XR Pro Carbon continues Vaughn's great tradition of fantastic goal pant fit and protection. The pant is designed to fit tighter and more narrow at the waist, but it has a large front profile in the thigh area to maximize coverage and protection. They are designed specifically for goaltenders who wear their chest guards outside of their pants, or goalies who tuck but want a very snug fit at the waist. Also, because the pad uses only HD foam and carbon fiber as it's protection platform (no plastic), Vaughn has saved a considerable amount of weight in the construction of these pants.
The upper waist has a multi sectioned top with HD foam inserts and an increased vertical coverage area at the lower back. A molded HD foam hip cap and large hip cushion serve to provide a more snug fit, and also extend the side padding outward somewhat for greater net coverage. A large tail bone pad with added HD foam inserts provides exceptional protection, and a large, segmented front belly pad provides great coverage as well.
Like every piece in the Velocity 7 line, the XR Pro Carbon goal pants utilize Vaughn's "Carbon Enhanced Technology". The thigh pads are made of molded carbon fiber sheets which are backed by Zote foams for great protection and shock absorbtion.
A padded internal belt helps keep the pants up without sacrificing pant width at the waist, and an external belt is also attached for further fit customization.
The XR Pro Carbon pants are more narrow and tight fitting than the V6 LT98 Ventus goal pants, and slightly less snug than the new V7 XF Pro Carbon pants.
- Two layer mesh lining for increased durability and fast drying
- Large Carbon Fiber thigh guards for enhanced performance
- New 5" wide crotch gusset for enhanced pant flexibility
- Large side groin pads adds blocking surface and protection
- Hip and tail bone cushion pads add protection and comfort
- Internal belt, external belt and front lacing for a custom fit
- Inner thigh five-hole HD padding
- Inner thigh lace tab to attach thigh guards
- Larger rear leg split opening to keep thigh guards in place
- Pro Spec construction, domestically manufactured